About Keith Wharton, M.D.
Keith Wharton, M.D. has helped guide thousands of patients through the aging process since opening the doors to his practice in 2010. Dr. Wharton uses a multi-faceted approach to wellness through Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and lifestyle management.
He helps patients overcome age-related health challenges, including weight gain, lack of energy, low libido, fatigue, and other symptoms commonly associated with menopause, andropause (the male menopause), adrenal fatigue and thyroid disorders. Dr. Wharton helps women and men correct medical conditions of hormonal imbalance using a combination of personalized nutrition and fitness regimens, pharmaceutical-grade supplementation, stress reduction techniques and bioidentical hormone therapy.
Dr. Keith Wharton received his undergraduate from West Virginia University in 1976. After completing his Doctorate at Marshall University School of Medicine in 1981, Dr. Wharton went on to fulfill his Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the State University of New York, where he received the Vincent Capraro Award for Academic and Clinical Excellence in 1985.
Dr. Wharton served as President of the Pittsburgh Obstetrical and Gynecological Society from 2007-2008 and is an active member inseveral professional organizations and medical societies, including the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Pennsylvania Medical Society and the Allegheny County Medical Society.
- Board Certifications, Associations and Training
- Member of BodyLogicMD a national network of highly trained physicians specializing in Natural Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
- Member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Extensive training in anti-aging provided by the fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Board Certified by the American College Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member of the American Urogynecologic Society
- Member of the Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Member of the Allegheny County Medical Society
Dr. Keith Wharton has dedicated his work towards preventative medicine and Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Dr. Wharton maintains a much lower patient roster than most typical doctors, allowing him to spend more time one-on-one with each patient, treating them as an individual and working with them directly to understand the root cause of their condition. Dr. Wharton prescribes medicines designed for each patient’s unique needs from specialty compounding pharmacies, ensuring optimal results from each and every treatment.